Unsure of what to pack or what documentation you’ll need for your unique African experience with Inkulu African Safaris? There are many lists and resources but it may lead to over-packing. Here is our basic guide for you to use so you don’t go over your international flight luggage allowance.
Clothing for our Climate
Inkulu African Safaris is situated in the malaria free Eastern Cape of South Africa. To make the most of your African safari experience we recommend packing comfortable light clothing – preferably cotton. Avoid non-neutral colors such as white as it makes you highly visible to animals.
South Africa has a moderately hot climate however the nights do get cold so warm trousers, light sweaters and a waterproof jacket are also essential. Other essentials we recommend you include:
- Sun Protection (Hat, Sunglasses and Sunblock)
- Electricity converter plug (220V) and socket adapter
- Insect Repellent
- Personal Medical Prescriptions and Lip Balm
While our concession spreads over 20 000 hectares of untouched African wilderness we will ensure to have well equipped, first-world medical facilities in close proximity to all our camps and hunting areas.
As Inkulu African Safaris is in malaria free zone, so no malaria prophylactics are needed. However we do suggest that comprehensive medical cover is taken when coming on safaris in South Africa. Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus shots can be taken if you wish so but are not mandatory.
No Visa is required for South Africa however your Passport must be valid for 6 months post travel date minimum. Inkulu African Safaris has a number of various weapons available to you allowing you to save the time needed for relevant weapon documentation needed by South African Customs. However should you choose to bring your own weapons do keep the following in mind:
- If you are of the ages of 21 years or older you may bring a maximum of 4 rifles provided they are of different calibers.
- You will need to obtain a rifle permit which must be applied for before entry into South Africa. In addition to a letter from us inviting you to hunt in South Africa you will need to complete the US Customs From 4457 and SAP 520 Application form.
While we do take the safety of yourself and your possessions very seriously, we do not accept liability due to loss or damage. For that reason we suggest you take out travel insurance prior to your trip to South Africa.